I was out shopping with a very good friend of mine yesterday, Vanida (bukan nama sebenar, nama sebenar tdak boleh disiarkan atas sebab2 tertentu bagi menjaga keselamatan kawan baik saya yang sorang ni).....and it has been ages since I last saw her. She moved away with her hubby a few months back (ermm... maybe years ago?I lost count) , so we haven't been seeing each other much since. Yet its good to meet up, though more than 50% of our time spent together yesterday was on browsing through the racks on sale and chit chattering about men's tie, belt and shirt (erm...don't ask...that will be a totally different story, in which if i write about that, i won't be able to write about karma), we manage to catch up on a piece of a very juicy gossip...of a common person we came to know way back (yeah...from way back) and is being eaten up by karma as we speak.
Most of you won't know Gina (bukan nama sebenar...obviously la, what do u take me for?), because she came from another circle of friends I know from school ( that I rarely hung out with). For those of you who hadn't had the pleasure to know Gina, here's a snapshot of facts on why she's our highlight for the day:
1.She looks like a very nice girl - at times softspoken, looks sweet, all the package - yet be deceived not - she's very vicious and she eliminates everything that goes along the way (yeah! the ELIMINATOR!!!!!! ).
2. She's so ambitious, she ditched her then boyfriend (very loyal person, head to heels in love with her and would die for her very honor, seriously, no kidding) for another's fiance....though the guy is a Class A Cassanova and is engaged, she manage to somehow change his mind, get him to ditch his fiance and marry her. On the question as to why she find this guy her "Mr Right", she quote ..."he's loving, charming and in fact the most sophisticated guy" she ever met.
*hmm...I don't think it cross her mind that the guy was no longer available to her at that time...plus if I was her (hmm, don't want to be, but if la...), I wont want to be anywhere near a guy who profess himself a Class A Cassanova and flirts like hell in front of his own fiance. And yes, I know his rich and a son of somebody somebody, but money can't buy everything right and a man is only good and worthy if he can stand up his own name, not his forefathers.
*by the way, the ex-boyfriend, John (also bukan nama sebenar) is now happily married to another girl, who love him just as much and treats him better than Gina. He settled down quietly and nobody ever made a fuss about him...cool.
3. After she got married, everybody thought its one "happy ending".....but jeez, this is one juicy "ever after" coming up....
How Karma Catch Up With Gina....
Sometimes, to talk about what Gina is facing now is pretty scary, though fun to chat about. Yet, maybe all of us can learn something from her experience...though Gina , herself, never seem to realise any wrong in her life so far. Let's just be like a person looking into fish bowl....Gina being the blowfish in it...on how cruel life can be....
# After she got married, she found out that her husband like thin and very skinny women. That's a trait he looks in every girl he fell interest upon. So she starve herself day in and day out...most of the time having only a bundle of fruits for lunch and nothing else for dinner. Yes, she got a 45kg body she dream of on her 5 feet height....but that's a little bit too overboard right? Mana ada org lepas kawin makan hati?
#Her husband still continues with his Casanova ways. He still refuse to give up flirting and he reason it out to his wife by saying that its this girls that has been into him, not the other way round. She blindly trusted him.
He remains in contact with a girl he admires (that had also later married to someone) and constantly bugging her in the middle of the night, while Gina's voice became the background music to his call. The girl's husband had to warn him to stay away from his wife!
He still find pleasure in dating thin and skimpy girls....and calls them and ask them out whenever possible. Another girl who caught his attention, who in fact irritated of his way, also claims that he frequently calls her after working hours with Gina's voice at the background, sometimes talking with the in-laws. Her boyfriend gave him a warning too...but he refuse to budge. I guess he thinks that there is no threat in warning of a boyfriend, as oppose to warning of a husband.
# Gina is in constant shadow of the woman in her husband's dreams, Luna (bukan nama sebenar), making her the benchmark of each and every action or decision she make. She have to have the same bag/shoe/outfit.....even better.....the same thing in all colors....with the cost of it driving her husband the Cassanova nuts of the way she is spending dosh.
I can never live in the shadow of another woman....if a man is in love with me, it's gonna be alone...not "together" with a ghost of his imagination. Even worse when the ghost is so much alive, working in the same department, sitting in front of you...and you get to watch she trots around happily every day, not bothering about you. Felt so invisble and useless....never will I put myself so low...never....
#Plus because of the above....trying to match Luna in every way attempt...she ends up spending so much money on stuff she doesn't need.
Imagine...Luna likes a pair of pumps at Kedai A....she starts getting the craze over the pump, and decided to get it herself. When she get to Kedai A, she realise that "oh!I think the pump look nice too in black, and Luna only has the one in red"...so to speak la.Since she can't make up her mind on which is better than the other, she ended up buying the crazed pumps in black, red(the one Luna got), not to mention in blue and all other available colors. If one pump is RM100, when Luna only cost herself so much to buy the pumps, Gina's cost multiplied by ...erm...you do the maths la.
So every Friday, she'll be sitting at her desk doing her maths....to balance out all her dues on shopping she had done so extravagantly.
Every Friday worried of credit card bills?That's pure torture babe, everybody knows that.
Some people find shopping a solace....a substitute to the depressed feelings we keep inside us, we gain pleasure by making a purchase, get a new make-up kit, where a new dress. Maybe Gina had no means of expressing her depression, constantly bugged by Luna's shadow, craving for her husband's attention....maybe despite the happy interior she's projecting to the public, deep inside she is just another lonely women.
Then she found out her's ex's wife was pregnant......
When she found out that John's wife, Alia (juga bukan nama sebenar, coz I can't recall his wife's name)....was pregnant, she got a shock of her life!
How could Alia....be pregnant, when she, married to another guy way earlier than John and Alia, is not???
*this is where I gave Vanida the "look" - I always thought that Gina never wanted to be pregnant. When Luna and Vanida was pregnant last year, she commented that she will never ever want to be pregnant, for she hate it if she'll look like a cow - all bloated, doubled....in case her hubby would not love her anymore because she's not skinny and thin (duh!!!as if he loves you now?)
The idea of her getting a shock surprised me....
But maybe God have other plans for John and Alia's baby....few weeks in the pregnancy, she had a miscarriage.
And the evil bitch clapped her hand and laugh. And she further said " I don't think they could ever make it...besides, Alia is not as beautiful as I am".
That is super CRUEL ok....now I hate Gina more than Bellatrix Letsrange.
And so to prove that she is better...she claims to everyone that she is trying to conceive, and month after month is another excitement of bearing a child. But so to pseak, a few months had passed but she's still not bearing one....there you go....
To make it even worse, the husband denied all rumors of them trying to conceive a baby.
What an arse!
Lesson to be learnt.....
1. Never marry a Cassanova - you'll be just inviting misery to your life
2. Never snatch another girl's man....you wouldn't know when your's will be snatched.
3. Find a guy who loves you for who you are, not who you can be...because if it's the latter, there's no content, there's always a never ending need to change because you are never really the person he sets his mind on.
4.Don't find pleasure in other people's misery...especially a miscarriage. Gina, what are you thinking?Why must you laugh and clap when John was sad over his loss. Hey, you dump the guy years back, and now you're vindicating his loss over you...as if he had done wrong???U calim him to be not so good enough for you...so scramp and move on with your Mr Right...leave him alone!
5. Payback for our deeds is paid by cash by God Almighty...he doesn't trust Visa and Mastercard....so no more credits to be taken to the after life I suppose.
*Dear God....I wish for forgiveness in advance and please...please, make me a better person out of this...I am but human....*
6. Count your clessings and be contented with what you have...sometimes what you wish for is not the best thing for you, let's not fail to realise that what each and everyone of us have at the moment is unique to our own and if we make the best out of it, we will be better off....at least better than Gina...
7. To all my friends....gosh I love u guys so much!If in any way you find yourself in Gina's shoes(straving yourself out, in denial of a cheating man, depressed and heavily reliant on retail therapy)...please do something....talk to us girls, be supportive, take charge of your life and change!You deserve better babes...because we are all educated and liberated women who can fend for ourselves and think of better things in life...we don't deserve to put ourself in this rut.
8. To Gina...if you ever suddenly find your way to reading this...get a life!