Monday, September 17, 2007

What I Did and Did Not do Over the Weekend....

I was so so enthusisastic last Friday...so full of plans....till it all get squashed....sigh...

What's a girl to do?Hmm....nothing much I suppose, can't play the blame game either....but the weekend went on pretty well, I suppose.

What I "DID NOT" do Over the Weekend..
1. I did not go to my mums....had to cancel last minute..
2. I did not bake the cake...since I did not go back to my mom ( sorry Tina, next time ye!!!)
3. We did not get to go for go-see (the houses?)...Arif ain't feeling good...
4. I still haven't done my grocery shopping...sigh...the fridge is still empty except for the wholemeal bread, cheese and milk I bought at 7 Eleven last Friday....


What I "DID" do over the Weekend...

1. Read a Book...
Well, since I still have over a dozen of books still wrapped nicely in plastic wrappers and collecting dust at my shelves, I might as well spend some of my free time reading them....

*the excessive stock's of chic lits is from my obsession of buying-but-not-reading-them-coz-i-lack-the-time with Izwain everytime MPH is on sale....so far this month I already manage to finish a few books - Jodi Picoult's Plain Truth, Jeffrey Archer's False Impression and The Diary of Manhattan Call Girls (can't recall the author) (that I have been reading for about a year now, on and off, heheheh!)...

I picked Something Borrowed by Emily Griffin and started on Friday night..and I have one more chapter to go.... hooray!!!


What is it about???

It's about a doormat 30 year-old-lawyer who lives in the shadowof her best friend, and at the eve of her birthday slept with her best friend's fiance...the book unravels the feelings and emotions of the main character, Rachel, that boarders between her own desire and a long-time-friendship with her best friend. It's a superb read, I enjoy it through and through, not to mention funny....if it's not because today is a Monday (a working day...big sigh!!!), I would have read it through the night and finish it...

But then the message is evident....it relays that we women should get hold of our feelings and have more confidence. We should face our fears (despite how bad it is) and not to fear risking it...maybe a certain someone should read it...

I have to stress that I don't believe the book meant to say that cheating on your best friend with their fiance's is acceptable...it just meant to point out that there are grey lines in relationship and people may have different opinions on it...

**I am sooo excited to read the ending.....

2. Went to the movies...
As usual, when my heart is all bruised up and bored to death, I seek the solace of the movie theater. This week, I manage to catch two shows...


*the Brave One*
A surnivor turned vigilante seeks justice after a traumatic almost beaten to death experience where she had lost her fiance...Jodie Foster's act is good, and the story line is entertaining..with action from mid to end. But, it's a bit heavy, so movie goers like my fiance will probably end up sleeping...

*whisper*

If u like "Omen" and the likes, this is your movie....man, why do they always turn kids into satan, anyway?But its freaky okey, to see how the kid can manipulate the mind and souls of its kidnappers to kill and turn around each other.You'll be sitting at the edge of your seat from deceit....

3. Wash my car...

It's quite disturbing to drive around with a filthy car...as if you don't love them, but it has been raining cats and dogs lately that I don't feel my two cents worth to send my car for car wash. But then I finally decided that its time, and what the heck, if it rains, at least my car had a good vacuum. Look at the pics, I had an artilerry of people working on my beloved car...


And that is my fiance goofing around while waiting the car to be done....
And by the time I want to goof saround...he insist that whe should leave because the car is done and it's going to rain...

See....not even 5 minutes done and it's starting to drizzle, my my....

4. I cook...

Like blogging, I look at cooking (and baking) as a therapy. Sadly I can only cook sardin, tuna, mixed veggie and fry stuff (but I have better luck at baking...seriously!!!)...but it's okay, my mom always say that we don't really cook until we are married, and when we dod get married we will learn how to cook naturally...it just need a lot of practice to get a hang out of it...so I prefer to believe her and wait till the day comes...

So yesterday I cooked for buka puasa...arif is having break fast with his mom and brother, and I am too lazy to go out since I got so absorbed with the book....so I end up eating sardin (oh, yesterday was special, I went an extra mile with it by adding onions and asam jawa, hahahah!) and omellete.

Then later for supper I decided to make pancakes...because I crave something sweet.....sadly the first attempt was burnt and the second attemt end up like this...

Hmmm....mashed pancakes....hahahah...I wonder what I did wrong???

But it taste all the same and its edible....I should go home and ask my mom what went wrong, I had better luck with kuih copot the last time I made them, to fail at pancakes is so distressing...

Wow...to come to think about it, my weekend is quite eventful, right???It's not that somber, just a tad laid back...hahahah....

2 comments:

kurekuredalamperahu said...

la...jadik mashed pancakes lak...

tepung pancake tu beli yang ready ke atau wat sendirik?

Zuraida said...

tepung tu beli....ala, yang kotak biru ada patung putih kat depan tu...sedap...my mom selalu masak ok je, aku je yang fail...hahahah