Tuesday, May 27, 2008

On the Road to a Healthy Diet

Over the weekend I manage to grab "The Waistline Diet for Middle-Age Women" *walaupun aku belum lagi middle age, apa salahnya kan if we practice good eating habits...nanti bila dah middle age takde la meraban* and did groceries based on the healthy food list....

I know...I am on HL, tapi this is a long term effort to eat healthily, and they have great menus to try...I practically salivate while reading it, so why not? Besides, its easy to follow menu's....lagi aku soka hati....

One downside of the book - most of the food is either baked or grilled.

Dan aku tak ada grill!!!!

So I bought these yesterday (almaklum la, baru dapat gajiku yang seciput kacang pea ni..)....

*snack toaster and grill from Kenwood*

The price is okeh....and as you can see....I tried them immediately when I arrived home by grilling black pepper marinated chicken breast.

It takes around 40 minutes to get the chicken well done and nicely cooked, but the smell is so nice, its farking worth it...

Of course I didn't eat it immediately. I saved it for lunch today and guess what...I brought to work my own grilled chicken and salad in pita bread lunch!!!!Sangat bangga!!!!

Because I am so contented with today's lunch, I plan to carry on with it till Friday.I have enough food (salad, fruits, oats and chicken) stocked up to last me till Friday, so its a good week to experiment. Of course, my HL diet will continue on as usual....

And yes, I will try to go to gym (again...rasa macam vain je, sebab asyik miss je. What's the point? I am also not quite sure...).

Guess what's for lunch tomorrow?

2 comments:

mylife said...

wah! definitely looks yummy... rasa cam nak buat gaklah...

buat sendiri nih mmg lagik bagus n terjamin sedap... wah!

Zuraida said...

buat jangan tak buat...

bukannya susah...marinated chicken kan banyak kat jaya jusco/tesco...

beli n balik grill je!