Monday, June 2, 2008

A wild weekend and more new recipe that I tried.....

After all the drama at the end of last week, I barely want to go out and meet people. Alas, I have committed myself and RSVP'd to Era's birthday invitation, so I can't bail at the very last minute...nanti minah tu bunuh aku kang....so I sucked up all the misery (yeah...every bit of it) and spent the whole saturday morning searching for a chic blue top for the party.....

Only to find out that blue is not the "in" color and the ones that I like are more than RM100...

Mak tak mampu.... I can't be spending so much considering this is my birthday month...and I have splurged on my birtday gift tremendously (yeah...the La Mer facial wash, the JC bracelet and charm, the coach wristlet from coachnmuchmore....sigh!!!)

I go broke making myself happy....

So instead of getting the top, I bought a gift at Zarina's mirror stall - a cute Bali hand painted mirror - and wwnt to the cinema and watched The Orphanage.

I didn't know that it'll be in Spanish. But the plot is quite intriguing. I don't expect it to end like The Others, the one Nicole Kidman acted in. Don't get me wrong....they did not found out that they are all ghost at the end, but the ending is pretty much there....I suppose its not so bad after all.

Back to my wild party story....

Era's bday party is held at Rahsia, Jalan Damai. i end up wearing my low cut turqoise top that I later felt a tad too much for the occasion, and we all gather up, had fine dining cuisine and enjoyed the birthday cake. No pic people, camera was banned.

And yes, her bday party is not the wild one....heheheh....how can fine dining party be wild??? Its quiet and serene, more suitable for romantic couples.

I said my goodbye's early, coz I'd rather spent the night catching up with the zzz's when a friend later called to join another birthday party by the lake...at Kelana Jaya stadium...

This is the wild one...hehehehe

The crowd was huge. There are more than 100 people and they have food, drinks and better still, DJ's that spins and booms out the speakerbox till 4 am. hehehehe. It was amazing, I felt as if I'm in college. There were a lot of familiar faces, which I am so happy to meet since I haven't met them for ages and we partied like nobody's business...

Again...no pics, otherwise my blog will be banned. Hehhehehe.

It was the most fun I had in ages. I feel no pain, no hurt, no nothing...just pure bliss.

Arrived home at 5 am with a huge hangover and slept the whole day on Sunday...practically missing Arif's brother's wedding at Banting. What the heck. We still spent time watching tv later at night, but there was nothing much in the telly.

And now its Monday again....

I woke up with a heavy feeling (kemalasan actually) but since I need to cook, so I have no choice. So I dish up a simple fried spirelli in olive oild with capsicum, achovies and dried chilli prawns for today....

That's the raw ingredients....must have a lot of cube onions, garlic, anchovies, and capsicum.....

So if you folks wants to try the recipe, the method of cooking is simple...

Just heat up the pan witj (a lot of) olive oil....throw in the cube onions, garlic and anchovies with a tad of anchovy paste to simmer. Let it go golden brown...

*note : a lot means sufficient to be cooked with the spaghetti and capsicum...the bigger the portion, the more generous you have to be with the olive oil*

Then add a bit of mix herb and salt to taste, then throw in the capsicum. Cook capsicum till nicely done, then throw in the dried chilli prawns and spirelli's in the pan.....

Heat up and mix till nicely done.

And the end product looks something like this....

Tada!!!!!!

Baunya sangat mengujakan! I can't believe it actually taste good as well. My tastebud have been doing me quite well...now I personally believe that with more pracetice I can cook like Jamie Oliver..hehehehe!!!

Ok la...this post is too long already. I better start bloghopping now.....

6 comments:

puterikurekure said...

wau!
senang je ek..
takpe, aku nak try wat nanti..
heee.......

Zuraida said...

aku nak masak benda complicated???Tunggu la empat lima tahun lagi....sebab aku memang malas nak masak benda2 payah ni kalau aku sorang je makan...

for now resipi yang aku venture semua yang simple2 je...

sila la try....abang u mesti soka..

p/s : i guna dry chilli prawn yang dah siap, kalau tak jumpa, udang goreng pun boleh. kalau tak guna udang guna la sotong ke, ayam ke...

Wawa said...

wah wah zue

bukan main lagi eh skrg nih.

Zuraida said...

kite nak jaga badan...hehehe

zie said...

fuyoo...i raser apa kata u compile ur recipe. Lepas I beranak nanati, pls e-mail to me. *Hahahaha*

mylife said...

wah! menariks... leh tambah resipi...

p/s ttiba je teringin nak masak spaghetti this weekend... hehehehe...