Friday, January 30, 2009

On Food Diary...

The question is....should I maintain one???

Ini semua akibat entry Ninie. In fact, she's not the only blogger in cyber space who maintained a diet log, I found a few others (like Madihah) who scripted their daily eating habits and activities in cyberspace as part of a diet effort.

To some extent, I understand where this is coming from. The idea of tracking calories to achieve a target weight/desired physique is a conventional diet effort.....where back in the old days we normally just track via diary/written journals.

I tried the conventional way a few times but lepas a week I naik malas. Hahahaha. But going through Ninie's food journal aku rasa bersemangat pulak...

Its damn interesting when u put piccas in it! Hahahaha!

Which brings to this entry...should I or should I not?

Sigh...

*Tapi segan la......*

So far my diet and working out have been showing signs of improvements. A few collegues who had recently came back from the long CNY break had commented a slimmer face and smaller hip size. Phewh...that's rewarding. Especially when you run an hour a day for 3 days (last Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday) on top of the one hour body combat class and 10 sets of sit ups. So far my stamina is getting better - as in I manage to go for 2 session of non stop running a 3 in 2 cross ramps without losing a breath and sandwiched the Body Combat class in between. I have to say that I definitely feel more energy this last couple of days and it will be great for me if I can keep it up.

I wish I can catch up with yoga by Monday. The normal training schedule will be back only on Monday and the CNY schedule is a bit off my time frame, so till then I suppose I can only catch up with cardio lessons.

*Jo, if you're reading this, I am trying to stick to your at least 3 day a week at the gym resolution....hahahah...i see that its showing progress and I like it. So anytime you are there buzz me okeh!*

To come to think of it, maybe I should start a food log. It might be interesting....

5 comments:

f.i.e.z.a said...

interesting jugak la food diary ni.mmg segan la kot tp might be jd inspirations to those yg nak jaga badan.
as for me, i wrote down what i ate n it works.
insy,1 day nak stat jugak la wat diary camni :)

Zuraida said...

u kurus pun simpan food log???

f.i.e.z.a said...

i x kurus.tsk.pls read my entry 'out of denial'.i gumuk sgt n now baru nak stat my process to lose weight.lots of weights.:(
susah sangat but i lost 1.5kg so far.alhamdulilah.

zie said...

macam mana food log nie? berkesan ker?

u jog 3 times per week? wow...zue..how i wish can be like you..jealous nyer baca with all ur body combat and such...

Zuraida said...

f.i.e.z.a,
kambate....berusaha bersungguh sungguh ye. Kadang2 menyesal jugak dulu tak jadi vain and superficial...most of the time orang macam tu je yang maintain weight yang diingini...

zie,
food log ni hanya berkesan kalau ko care with what you eat and do something with what you should not. Macam constant reminder.Kalau jenis tak ambik pusing tak jdi jugak.