Friday, January 2, 2009

X'mas Party and The Holiday I Unselfishly Spent on Wedding Preparations.....

The holiday has been quite okay, in a way I manage to get a lot of things out of the way and my wedding preps one step closer to complete....

*If it has been up to me I would die to be with Jo in Hong Kong...sob sob....tak soka ni stuckkat sini!!!!*

Anyway, in mood of X'mas....what's the point of sobbing my heart out???


*My X'mas tree at night...in the dark*



*My X'mas tree and pressie's awaiting my mom and siblings.....*

So better focus with things that I need to settle and make the best out of the free time I had.....

Which leads to.....

1. Hantaran Shopping for Arif - checked!

This, I enjoyed my heart out. Browsing from one shopping mall to another, I picked up things to fill my hantaran trays based on his wishlist, which includes a set of toiletteries and perfume from Bvlgari, a man bag/wallet/belt set from Bonia and shoes and tie from Valentino Rudy.

And due to the sale! happening about town, I manage to save a couple of bucks and get this....


*shoes from Twins....the pink ballerina flats reminds me of an adidas flats by Stella McCartney, only 100 bucks cheaper*


On top of that I got another pair of stillettos from Lewre, a top from Forever 21 for X'mas party at Nikki's and a Jazz CD.

While lining up for Auntie Anne Pretzels' at KLCC (which I haven't had for ages) I manage to get this....


*If you look very hard you can see my cik abang tunang almost lost in the crowd in KLCC's O'Brien's counter*


I love X'ms deco...

*Look at the Ginger Bread Man!*

*Oh, one of my photo moment. Arif dengan bosannya melayankan saje....*


2. Get a florist!!! - to be revisited

My mom and siblings joined me last Monday after X'mas, and we started the hunt for the florist for my nikah day.The downside of having the solemnisation ceremony back at Tampin is that fresh flowers is a hard find and even if you manage to pre-order them, it will cost a huge dent over the budget

*Especially when it comes to a bride like me that demands any flower arrangements displayed within a standing height is made out of fresh flowers.....heheheheh....mengada-ngada. I bet my mom pening kepala cari florist kat Tampin since early December, and half way she's starting to nag on this and that, but being the hard headed me, aku nak jugak!!!

Before I left for my holidays I have already googled for table setting ideas that can be done for the nikah day, and despite going through the ideas with my mom over and over again, she seems a bit reluctant over the idea since she can picture it...

Until we found "the" florist.

So the story goes that as we scouted a few florist back in Petaling Street (where the price of blooms are cheapest, mind you), I asked my mom how we are to decorate it, given the limited time available on the day before the wedding. So I looked at the florist and said....

"Kalau bunga ni u dah siap gubah boleh ke?"

The florist smiled. Said yes and came up with a bunch of albums. In which we can pick and choose whichever arrangements we want, and it'll be ready the day before the wedding. Once we picked it up we can just put it in a vase.

No extra work required. And it's priced quite well. And in between the numerous stack of photos, I found the table setting I wanted.Aku pun jerit...

"Ma! Ini lah table setting yang zu cakap tu!!!

My mom had a looked, and smiled.

Sukses! Yeay!

*Sigh....point to note : next time have to give my mom illustrations and crystal clear visuals so nanti tak de la susah...nanti cakap lain dapat lain.

Happy and contented, we took the calling card of "the" florist and set for a date to come back in February to place the final orders and bookings.

One down, a lot more to go...heheheheh

3. (Ter)beli barang renjis... - errmmm, tak budget tapi checked!


After our visit to the florist @ Petaling Street, we started hunting for the ribbons and materials for my bunga pahar and bunga maggar. Sambil-sambil tu jalan along Jalan Masjid India scouting for kain for the wedding party.

*Dah lama gila okeh tak datang beli kain kat sini.....*

Along the way we ended at Semua House. I remember that there is a shop that sells barang2 adat, dulang2 as well as faux jewelleries at first floor, so saje gatal nak tengok. Heheheheh. Kalau tak beli, berangan pun jadi la.

So there we were admiring the finer details of luxuring customary stuff when we found the alat merenjis di atas!

*Oh my, at a very reasonable price....then aku pulak cepat tergoda.....*

One hour later - after much contemplation - my brother ended up carrying a newly purchased set while tagging along me and my mom to Bunga & Reben to get our ribbons.....

Keji....sangat keji...tak pe, nanti ku absorkan kat budget under others....

4. Bought more ribbons and whatnot for the bunga pahar and bunga maggar - check!
*Tapi kena another set of mini roses for another set of bunga maggar by mid Jan. The ones we had rupanya tak cukup....sigh....*

*Mini version of bunga pahar....net letak belakang then letak telur....jimat ribbons, jimat kos, senang sikit nak buat compared to the full bunga pahar version - perfect giveaway for guest after merenjis*

We spent two hours at Bunga & reben, tapi due to unforeseen circumstances, the big ribbons tak cukup....and we need at least a dozen of those to make the bunga pahar, mini pahars/telur and corsages for the family during the nikah day, so terpaksa la kitorang datang balik the next day....

So we packed whatever we can get and went home....

We kick off the night with opening gifts (though X'mas is over, but at least they get their gifts), and later started working on whatever we can do from the things that we got earlier during the day....

*My mom and siblings with their wedding pressie's - Ani got a hot water bottle for her "rainy days", mommy got a La Senza Bootie pants and Abang, a water bottle*


By midnight we manage to get these done....

*Part of the bunga pahar items....neatly rearrange, protected by cute little gingerbread man*

*Protecting today's crops*

*Aaargh...later stashed away in a cookie jar*


As the mission ain't over the day before...we went back to Jalan TAR the next day and hunted for ribbons and whatnot....sampai sukses....

*Itu muka Ani kepenatan*
We ended up with these....

*oh...those are the mini flowers for the bunga manggar(finally, jumpa jugak!), bags of ribbons, laces and manik jurai2 (again for the bunga manggar) and kain baju for my ladies.....yeah, aku beli sekali.....senang.....saved me future trips to Jalan TAR*
Balik je we had lunch, rest and later start on the bunga maggar project.Barang semua ada. Ini trial run, sebab want to reinvent a different kind of bunga manggar for "the" day. Though bukannaya ada berarak ke apa, we are setting it at the gates with floral arrangements at the fibers that will hold every strand.

*Itu modernised version of which kalau dulu traditionally guna betik or batang pisang je*


At the end, we came up with this....


*Cukup untuk satu set bunga maggar...tinggal nak letak manik jurai2 je*


*Sample of the final product*
My house ended up sooooo messy! Hahahahaha.....
Tapi takpe, at the end we manage to get a lot of things done...

5. Finalise the kenduri hall deco with my wedding planner, Nazira

*Nazira is from ADL makeup and events ..... maybe a lot of people haven't hear a word about her before but she is the same person who does wedding henna of princesshenna and cuppies of princessbakers.....*

Yesterday, I finally manage to have a seat in with my WP and finalise the theme and deco arrangements for the kenduri to be held in KL. Sigh. Sangat best. I like. Hahahahaha...we discuss flowers (again!), pelamin, cake and deco arrangements. By the end of the two hour meeting, most of the rough details had been agreed. So I am crossing my fingers, and hope for the best.

6. Beli baju nikah and alas dulang! - check!

After the brief meeting with my WP, I scooted to AP Raja's house of fine beaded materials to hunt for my baju nikah and alas dulang. I have noted the shop since back then when Tina is preparing for her wedding, and was so deeply in love with the fine details in the alas dulang and baju nikah they sell.
I was moved and spoilt with choices as I go through a few baju kurung, kurung kedah and kebaya ensamble fir for a princess. Ohhh......sangat soka hati.
The same day I picked up a whole set of nikah outfit (to be sent to my tailor later for tailoring, complete with a matching veil) and 9 pieces of exquisite alas dulang with sequins to die for.

*Ohhhh, aku dah mula excited!*
And today here I am assessing a week long financial damage....hahahahahaha.....


video


Sangat panjang post ni....anyway, to say goodbye to last year, here's pics of the X'mas Party at Nikki's last 24th, the eve of x'mas.

6 comments:

Ms. Lili@ said...

i guess entering 2009 both of our blogs will bore the readers with the hectic wedding preps we are going through, no? hehehe..

~LIZA~ said...

happy new year darl *hugs* & all the best for ur wedding preparations!!

Shmea said...

good! at least u're prepared early. rather than last minute kan. kalau tak lagi pening. oh love the bunga manggar that u guys made! looked different & special. :)

~ms tepung~ said...

wah bunga manggar tu mmg lain sgt2...tp menaarik :)

puterikurekure said...

wah2...seronok tgk orang bizi2 beli itu ini untuk wedding.

Zuraida said...

babes!!!
me excited...muahahaahah.