Friday, August 21, 2009

Twenties Girl Excerpt 3

'Sadie! Tell me!It's good to talk about things!' The room is silent, but somehow I am sure she's still there. 'Come on' I say wheedingly.'I've told you everything about me. And I'm your great niece. You can trust me. I won't tell anyone.'

Still nothing.

'Whatever.' I shrug.'Thought you had more guts than that'.

'I do have guts.' Sadie appears in front of me, looking furious.

'So tell me.' I fold my arms.

Sadie's face is motionless, but I can see her eyes flickering to me and away again.

'There's nothing to tell,' she says finally, her voice low.'It's simply that I do know what its like to think you're in love. I know what it's like to squander all your hours and all your tears and all your heart for something which turns out to be....nothing. Don't waste your life. That's all.'
-Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella, page 223.

There's a couple of lesson to be learnt here.

1. It's good to spill the beans. Sometimes it helps to put things in perspective when we talk about our issues. Having bent up frustrations bottled inside might result to detrimental effects....in which point you either lose it or even if you manage to live it up anyway, bring it to your grave.

I hope that someday I can somehow forgive, forget and move on. I don't want to carry the hurt to my deathbed.

2. Its not easy to talk about the pain with someone else, yes...its hard, but if we do take the time and effort and found the right people who understand, it's worth a shot.

If you can't find a person whom you can really trust, then get a therapist. Sure, its not free but then at least you let the beast out of the closet once in a while. Because hey, what's the point of having all the money in the world when you are unhappy?

*am I rambling?*

3. There is no point wasting your life away (as well as tears and energy) on such things that are so intangible. It's like holding on to thin air,you can never grasp it...and it'll slip between your fingers one way or another.

What options do we have?

Many.

One of it is to live life to the fullest. Mainly for ourselves, then for the people who really do care for us, like family and close friends. It hurts others to see us wither as well, you know. Maybe people put a strong front to encourage us to be stronger, but deep inside they feel the pain as well.

Channel the energy to good stuff. Like yoga. Okay, if its not yoga, there must be something else that make you happy. Travelling, perhaps?

Heheheheh!

It's Friday peeps. Signing off now, hope you guys have a good weekend.

No comments: