Friday, September 4, 2009

Hearting Zee Avi

While waiting for the premiere screening of Final Destination last Tuesday, En F and I killed time at the Rock Corner at OneUtama. I love Rock Corner for their selection of jazz and coffe table music,and it has been quite some time since my last CD, so when I found this CD I was really really excited...

*I didn't know that she has an album. Now that I found it,her voice has been my ear candy every morning to work*

I fell in love with her music when my brother introduced me to her single Kantoi and HoneyBee when he was around for Ani's convo. Then, I simply knew her as one of the independant artist who made it big in YouTube.

It has been only recently when I heard her now Billboard hit single Bitter Heart that I know that she cut an album in the US. Wow, that's huge....being a Malaysian and all and discovered by an international label.

My personal favourite (besides the obvious, Bitter Heart and Kantoi) is I Am Me Once More.



I hope one day I will get the courage to say the very exact word to him who hurt me, that I can look beyond the blindfolds that is still blinding me and say "hey, its over now...thanks but I am better off without you!".

Seriously. The lyrics touched me.

Here's a word by word lyrics extract.

~I AM ME ONCE MORE - ZEE AVI~

No, I really don't think so
That you think I'd be incapable of being on my own
No, I really don't think so
That I would for a second let you back in through my door

I have spent many a nights
Even when you are by my side
I shed tears I couldn't dry
I shed tears I couldn't dry

But I should thank you for
Taking my blindfold off now
I ain't jaded no more, no more
And I take pride in being the one that said goodbye
That could only mean I am me, once more

You would turn your head the other way
So you won't have to listen to what I have to say
You assume that I needed you
But you didn't realize that I needed no one but myself
I needed no one but myself

But I should thank you for
Taking my blindfold off now
I ain't jaded no more, no more
And I take pride in being the one that said goodbye
That could only mean I am me, once more
That could only mean I am me, once more
That could only mean I am me, once more

Sigh....

Shasha dearie, this song goes to you too. Hugs.

3 comments:

shasha said...

thanks babe...
*hugs~!!

Penari.Gendut said...

She's on her US tour now and I soo want to tengok cause hey, she's a Malaysian!! Boleh aku sorak sorak "MALAYSIA BOLEH!!!" bawah stage..hahaha tetiba..

but unfortunately, her tour doesn't cover NC. Mentang-mentang lah aku duduk kat kampung kannnnnnnnnnnn

haha, tetiba nak emo

Zuraida said...

Penari Gendut...

pergi jangan tak pergi...