Thursday, November 5, 2009

Moving on to a new book....

I finally finished my final book from the InkHeart trilogy, InkDeath, yesterday and was glad that its finally over. Phewh...that's a very long and winding book...but to heck with it, I enjoyed every moment. I love the quotes in the beginning of each chapter, at times....it makes me wonder....

I started InkDeath last Raya but took it up only as a bed time reading material. I try nopt to exceed 10 pages per night because otherwise I won't sleep the whole night trying to rush to the ending. Sigh. So it took me about what....2 months...to get it over and done with.

Smile.

Now I can move on to my next new book....

*The Heretic's Daughter - acquired last month - story about the Salem witch trials at times when black magic is mocked and witches were burnt on stakes or hung*

Should be loads of fun.

Its written by Kathleen Kent based on her own ancestor, Martha Carrier, who was tried as a witch, found guilty and hung. It is said that to her dying breath, Martha neither confessed on being a witch nor plead for a lighter sentence.

It sounds just like the novel I have been waiting for.

I love witch stories as much as I love vampire novels ever since I read Anne Rice's "The Witching Hour". The drama is so intrigueing, the mystic air fascinating.

Lets see how long it takes for me to finish this one.

*wink wink*

1 comment:

shasha said...

hmm..baru teringat ada novel yg aku baru baca 1st page je...terukk...