Monday, October 11, 2010

Under the weather

I have been under the weather for over a week now, thanks to excessive partying during Nikki's wedding I am stuck with a sore throat, cough and a clogged tear-duct (yeah, who could have imagine...clogged tear-duct) since last Monday. I have been spending the nights snoozing since as early as 8pm and kissing my zumba goodbye's .....I am freaking out already over the potential weight gain I might end up from this sickness....coz seriously, eating heavy set meals 3 times a day before taking my antibiotics is hazardous to weight loss.

Sigh.

*orang sakit lose weight aku sakit gain weight. :P*

Anyways, the workplace is turning into a battlefield. I think my workload is getting a tad unbearable and I felt like leaving and going off the grid for a long long time. The sickness aint helping....I simply did not feel the love in the air. But I hate being a quitter, so here I am licking my wounds and barking like a puppy screaming for attention.

I hope the wave will pass. Crossing my fingers and praying that things will get better.

it's pink shopping day tomorrow at Mid Valley, in conjunction with the Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign. Last year we run the marathon, this year we shop (till we drop?). *grin*. See ya tomorrow in the sea of people crazy over discounts???

Don't be late. It'll be mad!

Ciao bella!

4 comments:

zie said...

Zue,

Kesian nyer....U take care, girl.

Zuraida said...

thanks.

:)

Katherine Josh said...

Loquat is for cough and lung in Chinese medicine. Sometimes i would take the Ninjiom Pei Pa Koa which is an extract of loquat when got sore throat.

You can access info online @
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nin_Jiom_Pei_Pa_Koa
ninjiom.50webs.com

Zuraida said...

thanks Katherine.

back at KPMG i use to take Chinese meds following Wen Chu's footsteps but since she's not around to order chinese meds for me I have long since went and get my own dose.

Maybe next time I should. I saw a good chinese herbal med shop here in MV.

Thanks.