Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Lost, confused and tired

I am not yours, not lost in you,
Not lost, although I long to be
Lost as a candle lit at noon,
Lost as a snowflake in the sea.

I Am Not Yours [excerpt]
Sarah Teasdale


As I take a quick break from work that has been draining the life out of me, I blog-hopped to a poem site that whisk me away and calms me. I borrowed the above extract because it somehow felt related...that somewhat in these piles of files and paperwork I long to be whisked away yet everything is just to vague and uncertain, I seem to unable to get a grip over reality....

....because I simply can't think.

....in between all this work related stress.

....emotions battered.

How the hell life get so complicated?

It was easier when I was in school. All I have to do was ace my papers. And though I am not the best at it, I think I did pretty well at it. Back then I don't have to think about all the real life woes (drama, drama, drama....need I recap?) and the cause and consequences of actions....

I want to be surrounded again with
the naivity, hopes and dreams
that keeps my heart simple and pure
and happy again.

It just seems a tad bit impossible.

No comments: