Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 8 – My dream wedding.

OMG, this 30 day challenge is making me face things that I avoid to think about for ages, and one of them is....*drumroll*....on getting married. After what had happened a couple of years back I don't think I will ever be emotionally ready for a relationship, eventhough there are times when I do feel lonely and having a boyfriend won't hurt, but then most of the time I am just happy not thinking about it.

*grin. oh yeah. I have issues*

Some may say "oh benda tu kan dah lama, just move pass it and move on already" but to tell you the truth its easier said than done, so please, don't be so heartless la ye then balik pi blog sendiri start kutuk blog ni pulak.

*grin . yeap, sad to say it happens - sampai mengata kita takde back bone la kan, menggedik tak berpendirian. WTH. life is a wheel, don't start asking one day what you've done wrong when things mula kena diri sendiri*

Oh I digressed no?

I realised that in preparing for a wedding, one can lose sight of a lot of things, to a point that at times, you can lose yourself. Of course, we girls want the best of everything , (okay, maybe we don't worry so much about the best food but) we want the best dress, shoes, jewels, decor....yada yada yada and the list goes on. In amidst the excitement and spoiled for choices (most of the time) we got confused...even the most organised and most calm of brides find it a challenge to get the wedding of their dreams.

What I learned from my experience is that all of that don't matter.

Of course, I would never be in color hijau pucuk pisang for my wedding. It will make me look simply horrendous because green is so not my color. What I am saying is all the glitz and glamour dim out and that it doesn't matter if your wedding is extravagant, lavish or what not.

Whats important is to wed the right guy. He may not be perfect, but he's just right enough to make me fall in love again and again everyday for the rest of my life.

I dream that that guy will ease my pain, calm my fear and make me strong in front of my family and friends as we announce our vows and take an oath to spend the rest of our lives together.

I dream that he would make me smile not for only one day in my life, but everyday from then onwards.

And I dream that this is shared with all my loved ones, and that despite all the shortcomings, everyone will be happy and smiled with me.

I dream of love.

4 comments:

dieya said...

sangat betul. the wedding ain't matter as much as the groom. yg penting the groom mesti best di mata dan di hati.

p.s. looks like we have similar topic for discussion our blogs today *wink*

Zuraida said...

Dieya,

Great minds think alike! heheheheh!

:)

zewt said...

oh well... i am sure mr right will appear soon.... or has he appeared already?

Zuraida said...

Hi zewt!!!

how we all wish that he just appear already!!

:)