Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Its been a long time since I last cooked kan?

I think the last time I seriously did cooking was back in 2008/2009. I wrote a while back how I lost my cooking mojo over depression and how things have gone from "edible" to "taste really really bad" and thnak God that recently I get to have my mojo back because I have been cooking for over 2 weeks now and yeay, it's not only edible anymore...it taste really really good that I am addicted to my own cooking already.

Hahahah. Seriously.

I have to admit that I haven't progressed to master chef yet. My cooking is pretty basic and simple. But then a lil bit goes a long way, I have to start somewhere some time kan?

Anyways, I don't cook alone. Bobo likes to accompany me in the kitchen. Most of the time he would be waiting next to the cooking stove while I prep the stuff ready.


But then last weekend dia merajuk kejap sebab Kak Julia nak jadikan dia kari....so he left the kitchen and went straight to his favourite box...

*kotak yang separuh nak roboh dah kena cakar ngan Bobo*

Well, over the past week my dish was mainly everything masak sambal.....ikan goreng bawal masak sambal, ayam goreng sambal, sotong masak sambal - mainly because I spent an hour the other weekend to make this....

*my very own sambal paste*

My sambal paste comprise a mix of tomatoes, red chillies, dried chillies, onions and garlic blended to a paste and cooked with oil. I made a container full of this paste for cooking and refrigerated it so that as and when I feel like cooking, I can just take it out of the fridge and dish it in a pan.

FYI its great for making fried rice to.

I just have to say I loveeeeee the chilli paste. Hahahaha. Its officially my favourite paste and I am making more of it to keep it in the fridge. Whatever type of masak sambal, I simply scoop a sum of the paste and voila....

*ambik ko sambal sotong in action*

Having the paste ready in the fridge means a lot of cooking time saved.

*grin*

I also mastered the art of frying my very own sayur goreng ikan masin....

*muahahahahah!!!!*

You guys must be alughing your socks at me right now for bragging about cooking this but hey, ada orang makan sampai 2 pinggan okay (and its not me!!!) and my sister said it really does taste good so...

*HOORAY TO ME!!!!*

Lepas ni boleh belajar masak lomak pulak yo.

3 comments:

shasha said...

haaa...cepat skit belajar masak lomak...den dah tak soba nak ghaso eh...heheheheh
omar tanya sambal sotong tu sedap ke?

Xuriana said...

i am so proud of you!

:D

Zuraida said...

shasha,

baik bos. nak tau sodap ko tak kono datang raso sendiri.

:)

Dear Tina,

thanks babe!