Saturday, July 30, 2011

Kempen Derma Darah Pra Ramadhan 2011 Ansara

Ha....mari mari mari!!!! Kaki derma darah derma organ semua apa tungg lagi???? Ansara is having the annual blood doation campaign countrywide (yeah, satu Malaysia ada booth) at local JJ Aeon outlets and guess what, I am maning the place located for Ansara Terendak today (and hopefully tomorrow)....

*lokasi bertukar - bukan Alpha Angle tapi JJ Aeon AU2 @ Setiawangsa sana*

I was at the booth since noon today and just said my goodbyes to run to Starbucks and write this post because seriously, the response is not that awesome.

Why?

First - the location. The campaign centre is located at the first floor in front of Song Box - far away from public view. Macam mana nak tarik orang ramai ni?? Dah la banner and tanda arah tak kelihatan, even when I first got here I was a bit lost to a point that I have to make a few calls to Ansara pusat's committee members ....baru jumpa.....

Yeah, agak demmm....

Nevertheless, a few of us volunteers actually wet around the mall distributig pamphlets and letting the public know about the blood donation event happening so ada la a few very generous donors yang drop by and donated!

Phewh!!! God bless their souls.

Which brings to the second big problem....

...most of us have a huge taboo against blood donation.

Bila sebut blood donation/derma darah je everyone would go...

"EEeeew.....sakit...jarum besar"

?

"Alamak, saya anti sikit derma darah ni"

Anti? Oh yes, one actually said that.

Ada satu tu....

"Saya muda lagi...tak payah la derma-derma ni".

Sad.

Don't even let me start on the remarks they give when we mention organ donation.....

Even more sad.

I would have donated if I could but I failed the "being in Europe/UK in the 80's and 90's" test against mad cow disease. Part of me was relieved that I do not have the need to poke my arm with a huge needle but another part of me felt bad because I can't help in case there is someone in need.

Besides, who knows one day I might need someone else's blood in return? No matter how young and healthy we are now we wouldn't know what will happen in the future and when else the table would turn and we will be at the unfortunate end.

Sigh.

Besides, blood donation can't be that bad....

See...abang ni relax je derma darah...okay je....

Plus they give you a goodie bag for donating....

*smile*

Anyways, I am glad I made it around today. Eventhough I can donate my blood, I did participate......

Yes, I am a donor. Since 2007 actually, thanks to Alia who introduced me to it. Today I upgraded my profile and donor card.

To those who are interested to contribute, the campaign is still on till tomorrow. We have it in all major JJ outlets in Malaysia including in Penang and JB....it's great to have an extra helping hand.

Cioa!!

No comments: