Monday, October 31, 2011

The Big Bad Wolf Book Sale 2011 - Where Books are Dirt Cheap!

This post was long due tapi nak post jugak sebab I was still very much excited with my cheap loot from the sale. I have to say that was money well spent there that day.....I regretted not bringing my trolley bag...kalau tak I could have bought more!

*Grin*

Anyways, it wasn't my idea to go there in the first place. I always have this mindset that warehouse book sale is gonna be too crowded, too hot, too many people it'll drive me mad so most times I stay quite far away from it. Yeah, rugi...I know. Akan tetapi...that has changed! Muahahahah! Next BBW book sale I'd raid that place like a junkie okay, lantak la what people will think. I'll even bring my own pulley!!!

It was all Geng Ying's idea, and I made her drive since I claimed that she's dragging me! Hahahah! Its like all the way in Serdang okay, dekat MAEPS....jauh nak mati! But she's so obliging, she drove us all the way while I nag her about not getting a map and we might get lost.


Almost lost! Gilo. Non of us knew the way,dua dua suk-suka hati pakai tembak tembak je. Thank God we manage to find a signboard that shows MAEPS and soon after a bunch of cars thats heading to (what seem to be) the same direction....


When we got there the que was fairly short....nevertheless, there is a que. I have to say the crowd control and security was amazing, so the hallways was not super pack with people stepping on to each other. I (for the first time) was impressed! Never in my life I found such organised crowd control on any type of warehouse sale held locally.


Before masuk sempat snap piccas kat depan pintu....macam budak kecik okay!!!! I think Geng Ying was about to leave me there and then when I shouted at her and insisted that she snap a pic of  me there!


Because seriously....she's kinda camera shy.


Yeah right!

Apart from crowd control they have strict rules on F&B in the warehouse.....


It's the first time I have ever been to a book sale, I suppose it's pretty obvious. Kalau tak tumpah makanan sana sini buruk la semua buku kan?

Rule no 1 when you go to a book sale.....bring a huge bag!!!! Otherwise, improvise by getting a huge box.


Of course, carrying a box will be pretty heavy and fussy. Its way easier to bring a trolley bag, a pulley or even the supermarket mini trolley (you know, the blue ones that all the aunties bring to the wet market???). Oh the supermarket trolley is sangat usefull okay..... I met this auntie who can fit almost 50 novels in it, and she still have space for more.

*jeles*

I on the other hand sebab bijak pandai tak bawak bag sendiri terpaksa la bawak kotak satu!

*jeles lagi dengan auntie yang ada trolley supermarket tu*

I went in the am so the crowd was pretty fair....


But look at all those books!!!! At first when I first heard that each book sells within the range of RM8 to RM10 per piece I said "No way! I am just gonna go there to check if its true" and gosh it was selling for RM8 to RM10 per piece so imagine how crazy I went when I see all these...






Rugi tak beli wooooo!!!!

I bought a loot of my own. I only stopped because my box was full and it aches to drag the box around. I malas nak use the check in facility just in case I took too much and forgot the loot that I have checked in. To edged dagger that check in facility okay!!!! Nanti terbeli lebih pun tak sedar. Check in banyak banyak!!!! Nanti kumpul je kat payment kaunter!

Sigh.

By the time I went out it was 1pm, I had 3 travel books, 1 cooking book (oh Jamie Oliver!), a diet book and 4 novels - all for a mere RM98.

Heaven!

Look at the que when I got out!


You wish you came earlier kan?

While waiting for Geng Ying I grabbed a pizza....


Hahahaha! First time jumpa a massive pizza hut truck.! Teruja kejap!


We later grabbed cuppies at Bijou @ BV to end a sweet day!



For those who missed the sale, they are having an aftermath sale on the 24th to 28th of November at South City Plaza. *love*. So I see you there?

4 comments:

auntie elle said...

i din know about this when it was so close to my place! rugiinyer! drag me with u next time plz...

Zuraida said...

they're having an aftermath sale kat serdang South City Mall on 24th-28th, I plan to go on 27th saturday pagi, nak pi? jom la, I am bringing my sister too...

auntie elle said...

eh i buat double comments ke? ahhaha 27th tu sunday la yang.. u nak pegi saturday ke sunday?

Zuraida said...

I nak pg saturday!!!! ;) nanti call me, we can meet up there.