Tuesday, April 15, 2014

My Project Happiness

Pagi tadi ukur pinggang turun 1cm - hati berbunga bunga and terus semangat pergi kerja. :P. Apakah?? Tak de makne okay sebenarnya coz everyone knows that I can gain that 1cm in a split second with my eyes closed but then since I started with my own project happiness, who am I to put myself down???

1 cm loss at the waist should be celebrated!!! Weehoo!!!!

I started project happiness based on Gretchen Rubin's book under the same title since the past week or so - not because I am unhappy but so that I can appreciate more of the things I have. I figured if I can't be happy with what I have now, I can never be happy. Maybe this is just as good as it gets. Why depress yourself wanting something more? Now is not that bad. Now is good too. Why am I feeling so lacking?

I may not blog about it (because blogging can be so faux passe....okla....most of the time I malas) but I make a point to hashtag the small things that make me happy on instagram under the tag #mydoseofhappiness. It can be a travel photo (oh I am most happy when I travel....grin) and it can be my fascination over my stacks of bracelets and charms - it might not make anyone else happy, but it makes me happy.

Simple as that.

It can also be my morning berries smoothies.

Grin.

Simple.

This might dissapoint some of you. When you read the title mesti ada yang fikir "OMG.....she's on the trail for 30 hari mencari cinta....this must be interesting" but hey, that is so susah to do ok and kalau kena reject selama 30 hari kan ke depressing?

:P

I am still working on my happiness goals....but I think those small changes I made over the past 10 days had helped my mood a lot. So far I incorporated exercise, focus more on myself, reset my beauty regime and working on decluttering - on top of practising my metta meditation at night before I sleep. On the subject of metta meditation - oh boy do I have serious issues with myself because there are times when I felt hard to let go and simply breathe and that I felt like my head is somewhat clouded so I spaced in and out and was unable to focus for a bit.....but my sleeping pattern and quality of sleep is improving. Sigh. Need. More.Work.On.MYSELF.

But lets not get demotivated.

This is just a start.

Life is a journey and these are all speedbumps. Persistence is key.

Those who wish to join come lets share a hashtag on instagram. Would love to see your happy pics.

xoxo.

1 comment:

Gypsy On The Move said...

I could do with some metta meditation :)
Stumbled upon your blog when I was looking for something back then (can't remember what it was now) so I thought I'd bookmark it.