Friday, June 13, 2014

I make the worse coffee ever - seriously!


What I wouldn't give for a good cup of coffee?

I personally have a few morning rituals to kick-start my day. I love quiet mornings - so no music blasting from my stereo, just a lot of light and peace. Sing my heart out in the shower (seriously, it makes me feel good. I picked up the habit when I started reading Project Happiness and I found that humming a tune or two in the shower helps lift my mood). On good days I even dance in the shower. *grin*.  Bug my sister to iron my work clothes. I suppose I can't do that much longer now that she's getting married. Sobs. Soak in the sun on the drive to work.  Oh yes, there is always sun (okay mostly - these days it doesn't rain that much. I hate it when it rains in the morning!). Don my sunnies while I listen to my radio/ipod.

But what really makes my day is my morning coffee.

I am super blessed that the tealady at office layan me everyday and bring me coffee good enough to my liking that I feel good all day. In fact she took a cup to me twice a day - one in the morning and one after lunch. Oh ho before you go you bolehla dapat macam tu, you're the boss....stop it....I am not the boss. I am just another employee in a huge office that happens to be lucky to have a nice tealady who brings me coffee twice a day.

But then on days when the tealady was not around or busy with something else (like big meetings or whatnot), I am left to fend for myself.

Like today.

Sobs.

I can never figure out the right coffee-sugar-condensed milk combo that gives that right taste. Sometimes I have to do it twice before its even drinkable.

Hmmm,,,,drinkable. 

Times like this I would die and go for a Starbucks run but then banyak nak mati kerja kat ofis.

Huge sobs.

Anyways, don't even let me start about my cooking. By now I suppose I have lost all hope coz I have set aside the cooking goddess in me for so long - its just gonna be an unnecessary evil to make me cook a dish. Someone might die. Seriously. Coffee pun fail.

Oh kakak tealady cepatla balik ofis.

On the bright side its Friday and I am meeting my mamooshka Nina for lunch and heading to the beach for the weekend with Shaz and Salmi. Grin. This is almost an annual event already for us...we should label it balik kampung or something. Sun, sand and water - what more could I ask for?

Oh perhaps no work? Hahahaah. Nanges okay, bawa kerja pi pantai. Oh it looks hip okay with laptop and all kat tepi beach but hey tak seronok okay analyse numbers panas-panas macam tu.

:P

Have a good weekend!

No comments: