Friday, August 15, 2014

What about you, is there someone else?

Its been a tough two weeks, with work and submissions and tonnes of to-do's. What's more, its festive season so I get to catch up with friends over the past two weeks over good food and good company.

Oh, despite all, yes I am blessed.

Smile.

Of course, over the last 2 weeks questions are raised as to whether there is a certain someone in my life. I suppose its inevitable. You meet friends who cares for you of course they want you to be as happy as they are. The funny things is they think I am even more happier these days because I simply rock my instagram account like nobody's business and they contemplated that all the glow must be because of a new guy.

The way that they put it is if as if finding the one perfect person who can truly understand and love me is an easy task. Yeah honey, I can simply walk out of a cafe or a bookstore somewhere and suddenly bump into that one guy and simply hit it off and life is perfect all of a sudden.

Okay I am not venting. I am just trying to make a point.

But then that is a question I do not have an answer to.

Its complicated.

Sometimes I felt like my friends do expect the "its complicated'' answer. What's about me that is not complicated over this past couple of years? I wish I have a more graceful answer than just two words that does not mean a thing. Because deep inside I have this gut feeling that there is something, its just that perhaps its not yet time or place for it to happen yet.

Oh yes its complicated.

But then while working on my submission assignment today I had You've Got Mail on the LCD and there it was....the answer....

"No, but there is a dream of someone else" - Kathleen Kelly, You've Got Mail (1998)

Oh yes, there is a dream of someone.

And he haunts my days, my nights, my living being. For once, everything is as simple and as natural as breathing and despite all the complications, I feel light and easy and simple. The thought simply makes me smile and filled with joy.

But then again.....

.....it is still a dream.

And I am not sure if it will still be as good if I ever wake up.

If he ever wakes me up.

No comments: