Wednesday, October 1, 2014

MId week work woes

The past couple of days had been crazy at work. Okay, that's not true. Make it a week. Re-phrase that. The past week had been crazy at work. My colleague is off on maternity and we have been sharing responsibility around the office to cover the absence. I never thought there would be so much to do - the amount of work to process is just overwhelming. I barely had the time to take a 5 minute break all week - spent the whole 8 hours on my desk staring at my lappy like a robot.

Punch in. Punch out. Enter. Punch in. Punch out. Enter. Delete. Repeat.

All. Day. Long.

I tried to assure myself that things will be okay. In truth, I am so nervous stepping in for my colleague because I was so not used to using the accounting system. The first couple of days was stressful. But after day 3 things starts to get more familiar and I felt so much better.

Finally being involved with an actual month end closing this round, I can't help but felt a tad nervous when I step in to the office today. What if something goes wrong?

Keep calm. On my second cup of coffee for the day, the caffeine fix is definitely helping - but then the guilt inside is overwhelming.

Sigh.

Looked at the mirror today and didn't recognise the person staring back at me. Oh my. I am back to looking bloated and tired. At this point, I don't think make up will ever help. Pimples are popping out everywhere - a clear sign of stress - and I haven't even started working on my assignments yet. I should start on that. Otherwise after Raya Haji I met as well just kill myself because I must definitely need to submit something in class.

Enough babble.

Boohoo. Going back to work.

No comments: