Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Back to work post raya holidays

Cuti tak lama - just took the standard public holidays and here I am, back to work on the 4th day of Hari Raya. Not that its anything out of norm. I usually let my colleagues take some extra day off after Hari Raya so that they can spend some time with their family. I'll claim mine one day when I have my own nucleus family - for the time being, I let others have their turn for a change.

I am grateful because this year I get to spend with my family back in Kuala Pilah for the first day of Raya, I have to admit I was a tad emotional inside because its the first raya without my mom. We get to the family cemetery after all the formalities are done in the early morning. It was my first time going back to my mom's grave after the funeral. It was quite a relief to see that its well tended to. There's a bit of growth here and there but nothing extreme - like some others. I felt a certain pang of sadness in my gut and said to myself I should make some time to come home more often. But then its not a good thing to dwell over it, I believe my mom wont want me to be sad.


My sister is heavily pregnant with her firstborn and I bet you think I must be joking because from the look of it, its like takde beza pun. Hahahaha. You should see her belly, Its super huge! Its like she's carrying a melon. I suddenly look thin in comparison. Well I am not that thin la. Berat sama je,

We get to visit a couple of relatives and by 2pm we're already back home all tired and sleepy. Slept till later when suddenly heavy rain fell and we are awaken to move our cars because its suddenly flooding where we parked. Oh yes, julung-julung kalinya la kampung aku yang panas kemarau tu hujan sampai banjir. Bertabah je la nak.

Here's a pic from where we use to have the tangga batu at my grandparents - tangga batu no more now tinggal that boring old sofa tempat lepak bila balik kampung.I kinda miss that tangga batu - but after my nenek renovated the upper part of the old house to lay flat on the ground, the tangga batu serves no purpose any longer. Except for tempat annual photoshoot - in which I think nenek I feels like its no longer necessary.

To some who are still on leave - enjoy the holidays! I'll be moving house on Friday so there's tonnes of packing to do. Sigh. Penat dah weyh - nasib baik la my husband so understanding dia tolong packkan everything, Barang dia 2 bag je. Barang aku 3 lori. Heheheehhe.

Ciao!

No comments: